The focus group is one of the qualitative techniques, that is most used today in the commercial investigation. It applies to positioning studies, brand and corporate identity, evaluation of packaging, advertising, usage habits or for knowing new opinions on some product or service.
Emotion measurement technology for qualitative research
This technique allows the researcher to obtain valuable information to know the reactions of consumers in a group, although it requires a process of further analysis while away from the emotional situation in which the discussion takes place.
Since much of the exchange of ideas move in concrete situations and social contexts, understand the feelings that cause or provoke a certain type of affirmations and arguments to help to better understand what has happened in the group.
What it is about
Emofocus is the first application of facial recognition of emotions that adapts to the technique of the discussion group through two forms:
Through installed cameras in the group room, the real-time reactions of the participants are followed on the screens in the observation room. This allows the observers to know the main and secondary emotions of each member in the group. Emotional information is displayed in real time and can be used to improve the research notes, warn the moderator to redirect the speech to the full availability of the client (present or online).
The session is recorded and we analyze the most relevant fragments to study. We develop a detailed analysis of the fragments based on a previous briefing. The resulting report makes it possible to compare the key moments, helping the research team in the analysis of the group.
The software that recognizes facial emotions, allows you to monitor the emotional reactions of the participants in
real-time, when interacting with a group and offering valuable insights for the customer
What information is obtained
EMOTION PATTERN OF THE GROUP
• To know which emotional profile accompanies the different interventions and to evaluate their coherence with the discourse.
• To detect the intensity of the consensuses and disagreements to which the group comes to weigh the intensity in the overall discussion.
LEVEL OF IMPLICATION CONNECTED TO THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE DISCUSSION
• Identify which topics emotionally activate the participants and which do not (activation and neutrality).
• Emotional profile of the participants and impact of the different topics on them.
• Get the mood of the participants throughout the discussion.
INFORMATION ON GROUP TRAINING
• Information on the emotional profile of leaders and followers.
• Real-time data for the client and for the research team.
• Real-time and offline data to improve group moderation.
Real-time recording with the participants of the group in the observation room and/or in a tablet for the moderator of the group.
Report with results and the emotional profile of the participants at different times and their comparison with the speech. Detailed analysis after the hand in of the brief by the client.