At the same time, they recognize the data collection’s limitations by asking the participant, right after the experience, the evaluation of it. Those limitations are due to the rationalizing’s bias that pretends the participant’s identification of their feelings and mood during the test.
What it is about
Emotional User Experience allows you to know which of the interface elements of your web or device are more attractive to the users. The emotional facial recognition software translates the facial micro-expressions into the 6 basic emotions, allowing the measurement of metrics such as activation, engagement and experience (valence) as well as to make comparisons between types of interface.
In parallel, Emotional User Experience has the technology of eye tracking which allows the identification of the zones or elements that receive greater attention by the users, being able to associate the main emotional peaks with certain concentrations on the heat map.
Emotion facial recognition technology from Emotion Research Lab allows to obtain the emotional responses of the user in the interaction with any interface or device so non-intrusive, adapting to any UX methodology.
How it is work
Emotional User experience is able adapted to any format on which the test is performed, either on PC, Tablet, or Smartphone (iOS and Android) in the following ways:
Use the application to perform the test, recording, through the built-in camera, the facial expressions of the participant and tasks that the participant performs on the screen. the data is stored automatically in the Emotion Research Lab cloud.
Send two videos with the facial recording of the participant and the performed navigation on the device screen. The videos will be processed by the Emotion Research Lab software to get the emotional data. Mp4 video file recording, minimum size 640 x 360 (16:9).
What information is obtained?
GLOBAL EMOTIONAL IMPACT
• Elements that generate greater activation, engagement and satisfaction while the navigation.
• Main sub-emotions associated with specific moments while the navigation.
• Comparision of different interfaces and the emotional impact associated.
• Global emotional profile of the user experience.
ANALYSIS OF THE TASKS
• Identification of tasks that generate more positive emotions.
• Identification of the tasks that cause the greatest degree of rejection.
• Analysis of the emotional impact of the stimulus in different segments of the sample (gender, age and others).
Report of the results with the analysis about the emotional impact of the interface.
ACCESS TO ONLINE PLATFORM
Access and download of the generated data during the test through the online platform.